Sam Lee (singer) invited Michael to work with him, Ed Hicks (banjo) and Dogan Mehmet (various string instruments and percussion) in a group that became the Gillie Boys. Working from the tradition, their arrangements allowed for a more experimental approach to the melodic, atmospheric and rhythmic use of the Jew’s harp. Performing at various festivals throughout the UK for two seasons an example of their playing at the Ballad of Britain.
The group disbanded in its original form at the end of the 2010 season.
- The Jews-Harp in Britain and Ireland is published
- Michael Wright becomes Editor of the Journal of the International Jew’s Harp Society
- Michael Wright features on Mercury Prize Nomination
- Tribute to John Wright (1939-2013)
- Tennessee TV Appearance
- Michael Wright is Elected Vice-President of IJHS
- Galpin Society Journal Article Published
- Khomus Festival Invite
- Michael Wright, Dogan Mehmet and Matt Quinn form new group
- Article to be published by the Galpin Society in May 2011